Thursday, January 22, 2009

Post-nerf thoughts

So, Blizzard decided to nicely spring the patch upon us (I didn't see it coming... did you?). Wintergrasp and Northrend bugs ahoy! And is it just me, but am I seeing more loading screens lately? Namely, loading screens within Naxx? Crazy.

Anyway, so I raided as Surv again tonight. No changes in spec at all. I must say I miss the AoE component of the new Explosive Shot. And the nerf to Volley really hurt my trash dps, but I suppose it was needed.

Lock and Load procced a lot more than usual tonight, to my delight, so that's probably the extra 3% talking. Woot. But overall boss dps and damage seems to have remained the same. I noticed our locks are really catching up now. There were a few fights where they actually outdps'ed me (gasp!) but I was kind of expecting a bit of a slide down the meters, really.

Overall though, I came in the top 5 dps on bosses tonight, so that's pretty satisfying.

Oh, I forgot to post about this last week - I got Envoy of Mortality in our KT kill last week! Unfortunately I didn't quite get to test it out before patch hit... sigh. But it's still pretty awesome. And Mammoth Cutters are much cheaper to make too!

I might respec BM for tomorrow - Spider Wing, Sapph and KT. It'll be hell for Sapph, ugh. BRK's got some interesting numbers on the Spirit Beast and I'm really tempted.

Plus, it's been quite a while since I could do ZG for the raptor, since I've been lazy to respec. XD WTB dual specs please!

No comments:

Post a Comment