Friday, January 23, 2009

The demise of raiding BM

As mentioned in my previous post, I respecced BM before tonight's raid to see how Spirit Beast dps would hold up.

And as you can see from the title, it's pretty abysmal.

The nerf to pet damage has really hurt the tree's raiding potential. I'm not sure it was really called for. Blizz should probably have chosen to either nerf Steady Shot (and in turn affect all three trees) or just decrease pet damage.

Compared to Survival, I was doing a good 300-400 less dps as BM with Loque. 2.3k dps on a target dummy is all well and good, but if you can't put out better in a raid situation, with all the mages, warlocks and shadow priests doing upwards of 3k, you can kiss your raid spot goodbye.

I'm not really sure if I should say anything else. I'm just really disappointed that I had to hearth out and respec before Sapphiron because I wasn't performing as well as I usually do.

Tora's Epic Flight Form Fund took a hit because of the double respecs in a day, but I guess I don't mind. I'm the class leader after all, I have to see what works best...

Sadly, tonight was probably the last time I take Loque out of the stables for a long time. At least, until we get dual specs.

Goodbye Bestial Wrath, though I can't really say I'll miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment